Ideal for any on-call professional, resident, or medical student, this popular reference covers the common problems you’ll encounter while on call in the hospital. On Call Neurology, 4th Edition, by Drs. Randolph S. Marshall and Stephen A. Mayer, fits perfectly in your pocket, ready to provide key information in time-sensitive, challenging situations. You’ll gain speed, skill, and knowledge with every call - from diagnosing a difficult or life-threatening situation to prescribing the right medication.
- Features a logical, highly templated format so you can locate key information quickly.
- Provides updated content and references, keeping you on the cutting edge of current, evidence-based information.
- Includes the latest information on headache, demyelinating diseases, infections of the central nervous system, dementia, and more.
- Highlights critical information, reducing the likelihood of error.
- Provides an updated On Call Formulary covering the most common neurologic medications.
- Delivers consistent, easy-to-follow coverage of the most common on-call problems and approaches, including what to do from the initial phone call, questions you should ask to assess the urgency of each situation, "Elevator Thoughts," how to immediately identify major threats to life, what to do at the bedside, and how to avoid common mistakes for every call.